In the Vineyard
For the cheesecake:
- 900g cream cheese
- 225g castor sugar
- 5 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod, scraped
- 10ml lemon zest
For the topping:
- 200ml sour cream
- 2 tbs castor sugar
- Pour the cream cheese filling onto the biscuit base, and then pour the hot water into the roasting pan around the cheesecake (known as a bain-marie).
- The water should come halfway up the sides of the tin, do not overfill.
- Place into the oven and bake for about 50 minutes (cooking times will vary depending on your oven). It should feel set on the surface and not sink in.
- Remove from the oven.
- Whisk the sour cream and castor sugar and pour over the cheesecake, then put back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, gently remove the tin from the pan and foil and allow to cool on a rack.
- Allow to cool for at least 4 hours before removing the tin. The best is to cool overnight.
- Place onto your cake stand and garnish with seasonal fruit. We used fresh figs, blueberries, pecan nut praline, pomegranate and edible flowers from our gardens.