In die Wingerd
Honey and Mustard Sauce
Total Time: 2hr 10min
Prep 10 min
Yield: 18 people
1 ½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
½ cup honey
4. If your gammon joint has fat on it, remove the rind with a small knife leaving as much fat as possible. Score the fat in a diamond pattern, and push a clove into the centre of each “X”
5 Place the gammon into the foil lined roasting tray, ensuring that the sides of the foil come half way up the gammon to contain any excess Glaze and roasting juices.
6. For the glaze, mix the honey and the mustard together and brush half of it evenly over the gammon, including the sides of the joint.
- Roast in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes, then take the joint out of the oven and brush the top and sides with the remaining glaze.
- Return the gammon to the oven for a further 15 min, rotating the roasting tin so that the opposite side faces to the back of the oven.
7. The gammon is ready when the fat on top is glossy and golden brown. Cover loosely with foil when the top begins to brown. Remove the gammon from the oven and set aside the rest for 15 min. Can be served hot or cold.’
Directions Honey and Mustard Sauce:
1. In a medium bowl, blend together the mayonnaise, both mustards and the honey. Chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.