In the Vineyard
8 large quails
1 kg tender stem broccoli
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
8 garlic cloves
8 sprigs of thyme
500g seedless white grapes
3 whole red onions
1/4 cup fresh parsley, for garnishing
2. Remove the wishbone from the quails and season inside with salt and freshly ground pepper. Place a sprig of thyme and a clove of garlic in the cavity of each quail.
3. Using string, tie the quail legs together to reshape the quails.
4. Peel red onion cut into 1/8 pieces and drizzle with olive oil
5. Heat 1 tbs of olive oil in a large frying pan and brown the quails on all sides for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown, then transfer to a roasting tray with the red onion and roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
6. Remove the roast quails from the oven and cover with foil to keep warm and rest.
7. Blanch broccoli for 1 minute.
8. To serve, remove the string from the quail. Place the broccoli on a serving dish, top with the roast quails, scatter around the grapes and roasted red onion and brush the quails with the pan juices. Serve immediately.